Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are many Americans wrongfully placing the blame on Obama for the rants of a lunatic minister?

What's your opinion? Let me hear your side?Are many Americans wrongfully placing the blame on Obama for the rants of a lunatic minister?
I go to church to learn about and love God , not to hate.


After one sermon no decent religious person would ever go back there.


P.S. I love my country but fear my governmentAre many Americans wrongfully placing the blame on Obama for the rants of a lunatic minister?
Not the minister at all.


Obama NOT putting his hand over his heart when the Pledge of Allegiance was spoken....Obama REFUSING to say the Pledge of Allegiance....





What part of this does anyone NOT have doubts over?





If president, would you even think he would SALUTE the dead being brought back to our country?????





Are you people blind??????
He is not being blamed for the racist comments .. he is being judged for sitting there for twenty years and listening to them.. subjecting his children to them... if are not against a racist , you are assumed with him. That is why he is being questioned.





And as yet, he has given no real believable answer.
No. They're blaming him for staying with that minister for two decades and raising his two little girls in a church run by that bigoted hater.
I would say placing the blame on Obama is wrong, but I dont believe most people know better. Americans and I would say all people like to view people with power or high status to be what their portrayed as. I still believe Obama is who he says he is, and people tend to forget that just because you have political ties with each other means they embodied the same beliefs or morals. B/c to make it far in politics you must have ties with everyone to get elected, but the problem no one thinks the same. Being a politician is kissin butt, and making compromises. I mean presidents (not sure who) shook hands and worked with Bin Laden, but that doesnt mean he likes him. They just had to cut a deal to coexist.


Does Obama respect Rev Wright? Id say yes


Does Obama think or believe what he rants about? Probably not





But thats what Politics is all about making everyone happy while not pissing anyone off. Since Obamas half white half black he knows both worlds and says what people wanna hear. And thats how someone gets social politics done. Diplomacy = shitty compromises.





America puts presidents on a moral/everything pedestal, and when something happens there crushed, i mean look at H. Dean all he did was yell and people were like ';Howard dean I know wouldnt do such a stupid thing'; and that was that.
The minister is just another small problem. I just don't think Sen. Obama is going to be President. Almost 64 and following elections for awhile. I got to say one thing though. I'll bet Sen. McCain wishes he'd never sang that ';Barbara Ann'; song by ';The Beach Boys.';
I love Obama but his Pastor was WRONG, just like a lot Pastors are. I say you are wrong whenever you are irresponsible enough to echo the words that got Malcolm X silenced by Elijah Muhammad. Even Brother Malcolm, after making his pilgrimmage to Mecca, denounced his own racist, seperatist, views when he realized, that people who are polar opposites can still be ';Brothers.'; I took special offense to the statements made about 9/11. Those people who died in the attacks on the World Trade Center were not guilty of anything but going to work, in pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness! If ever ';America's chickens come home to roost,'; I truly believe innocent people will NOT pay. The evil will pay. ';God BLESS America!'; Not, ';God D*** Us.'; That is where WRIGHT is WRONG! Other topics of the sermon are debateable, and open for discussion, because you might hear those things said in ANY Black church. But EVERY church doesn't have a Black candidate on his way to the White House. I won't blame Barack for the statements his Pastor made, cause Lord knows, I don't agree with every word my Pastor says. But I will say that Mr. Wright should have spent more time using God's words right out of the Good Book, if he really wanted to TOUCH people, and not ANGER people or give Hillary more ammunition. The irresponsible, hate-filled comments are inexcusable, and they have no place in God's House. I will not defend Mr. Wrong but I still feel Obama is Mr. Right.
I think appearances matter, and that Obama's association with Rev. Wright is not good for him politically. However, Rev. Wright's words are not that of Obama, and I am willing to overlook the issue as an unfortunate happening.





It's a detraction, but a minor one. I still prefer Obama in the election, and I think plenty of people are too quick to associate the two too closely, but again, appearances do matter. Luckily for Obama, that's been a plus for him on the whole to date.
well... first off... everyone seems to think that this Rev. was CONSTANTLY saying racist stuff every minute of every sermon....





and that's just wrong... from what I understand... 99 percent wasn't racist at all...





three tapes out of thousands are all they have... and even on those, much of it is MUCH more anti-government than anti-white...





but, I agree with you.. I'm not judging him by anyone else's remarks...





I have a good friend and he has some crazy ideas... I've told him many times I don't agree with him... but just because I'm friends with him, it doesn't mean I agree with all his ideas...





that's silly...





and just because I don't agree... it doesn't mean we can't be friends....





people desperate for dirt on Obama have stopped thinking and started yelling... most people that liked him seem to see through it...
guilt by association, I could never sit and listen to that for one minute...he is a racist pig too
Personally, I think the situation presents an exceptional opportunity for the black community to take a long look in the mirror and consider the hypocrisy of their position. President Bush spoke at Bob Jones University for thirty minutes in 2000 and the segregated views of that institution were immediately imparted to Bush. How objective is that? I once took my family out of a Church because the preacher cussed out an umpire at a Church softball game in front of my children. Failure to have done so would have sent the wrong message to my kids and would have been a retreat from my own principles. True, Obama didn't say the hateful words of his pastor, but he did subject his family to them and that speaks volumes of not only his principles, but his judgment. I think you are intentionally missing the point of those of us who oppose this double standard as I know of no one who blames Obama for the words of another, but to sit and listen to it for twenty years with your family present does imply acceptance of those words. Yesterday, in a radio interview in Philadelphia, Obama described his grand mother as a ';typical white woman,'; regarding race. My bet is that the black community is willing to give him a pass on that as well. To that end I would describe those who do as being ';typical black people.'; ...and if you want to call me a racist for saying that, you also need to consider calling him one. Or does he get a pass and I don't?
Easy to pin the blame, puppet strings, etc.





Their arguments, however, have no real substance.
mabye u should be asking your self y am i a christian and also a marine they contradict each other christianity is about people and u train to kill total oposite of the bible belief u say u follow,


CONCLUSION: dont worry about obama and how americans or lunatic ministers, cause as easy as u can make that acusation about lunatic ministers i can state the obvious hipocritical actions of your christian belief, p.s. peace be with u.
I definitely think so. To hold one accountable for another's actions is not only ridiculous but it is very childish.


Every time the media can get their grubby little hands on anything they will over exploit it.


Just like trying to say that Clinton's comments were racist when they were obviously not.
No, I am not wrongly placing the blame on Mr Obama for his Pastor rants. I do question Mr.Obama's Judgments though. You are a father of Children and you also teach children, and as a parent of one of your students If you allowed these children to sit under Mr Wright's teaching,for twenty years. And did not distance your and my children from him,Then I would question your judgment also and would not let my child be in your Class room. That's the problem . it not Mr.Obama it's his judgment the people are worried about,Just as they would judge you or me or anyone doing this. In general the people was just wanting him to break from His ties with Mr. Wright and he did not, there where it hit the fan, Mr Obama could have stopped this, But he made his choice,And America excepted his choice,. the polls are showing it. what they thought of his choice..So the posters thoughts such as mine mean nothing..All America is making the decisions.,and we have no choice in the matter.The ball is in Mr. Obamas court. But He may have waited too late. We will know come November.
they are going after Obama's associates because they can't get anything bad on him.





I mean, hell, I'm sure some of the priests at the parishes I've attended said some pretty crazy things I don't believe in, I'd hate to be blamed for everything a Catholic priest did wrong fi I was running for President!





I think most Americans see thru this because you can't blame someone for someone else's comments.





Why does every seem to forget such wonderful associate's from Hilary's past -- like Vince Foster and their Whitewater Partners (in crime)?
I truly believe the headhunters from the camp of Hilary were totally behind getting the Revs voice and words out for the public to hear. We know Obama certainly didn't open this can of worms. Clintons will stop at NOTHING to get the house color white back !!!!! Dirty tricks is what Politics is all about in my mind.
Obama made his own questionable statements yesterday in speaking of his own grandmother referring to her and a response of hers that of a ';typical white woman';. If a white person said that in referring to a black woman, all ';you know what'; would break out! He has shown a side I bet he wished he kept in check.
Its questioning Obama's judgement.20yrs of hearing racist/anti-american rhetoric,and not doing anything about it. His campaign is running on his so called ';judgment.';
Anyone who uses the minister's comments against Obama was looking awfully hard for something to use against him. But there's no need to worry. The Democrats have a perfect shooting-themselves-in-the-foot record and they have already lost the election.
I think sensible people know that you can't blame Obama for the actions of his Pastor, People keep saying they question Obama's judgment for remaining in the church for 20 years.....But who's to say that he preached the same message for 20 years when all we've heard was snippets and sound bites....The thing that irks me is most people speaking out against Obama so harshly, were people who were against him before the story broke...and that's okay that's what democracy is about....but people comparing Pastor Wright to the KKK is just ignorance being that the KKK killed thousands of innocent men women and children for far more than twenty years.....Pastor Wright was just ranting no action behind it...Yet Senator Robert Byrd from VA admits to being a KKK recruiter he remains in the Senate today...and white people will say ';it does not matter that's the past'; well today the remarks that Pastor Wright made are also in the past. Lets move on
No i would not.That has nothing to do with obama as he cannot help what anyone Say's be it a minster ' a teacher ' a fireman' as they are adults +.As;long as he didn;t say IT and it is not his views then leave it alone is what people should do. what the heck does it matter.If's not his view for gosh sake.GIVE THIS POOR MAN A BREAK ..
no, questioning your future leaders is a must and necessary. you don't want to vote someone who will turn out to be another stalin or another hitler.
NO--obama should have left that church many years ago. Instead he gave the church some 22,000 dollars and was married by that minister. You cant dismiss what he did--and this should ruin his shot at the white house. Let another clinton back at the wheel.
I certainly do. I respect Obama for his position and all he has said about it. He is a very honorable man and this is just another way to attack him. We have all known and loved and been friends with people we don't always agree with. Being a Christian is all about love and forgiveness and this was his pastor that brought him to Christ. We all make exceptions when there is a strong emotional bond. Putting a man in the white house and in the position of leader and chief shouldn't hinge on every single mistake the people in his life has made, rather upon his own merits. The media and their hound dog ethics sicken me. I hope he wins and has a chance to right some of the serious dilemmas the past three former Presidents have left us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment