Tuesday, December 22, 2009

African Americans, have you ever had the pleasure of having to listen to Caucasians white man's guilt rants?

How do you usually respond? Do you mind listening? Do you have a ';spare me'; attitude?





Just wondering because it happened to me twice in one week. 1st I was waiting in line then this old white lady about 50+ started to tell me and this black man how she always loved black people and she was never racist blah blah blah/





The 2nd time, i was at work and this lady tells me how her family was racist and she just didn't understand it blah blah blah.





Okay, whatever, I don't know you. But that is nice to know. I guess?





So how do you handle those encounters?African Americans, have you ever had the pleasure of having to listen to Caucasians white man's guilt rants?
Hmm...reminds me of old men (and women) who will try the same game with gay people. I've always seen it this way; the people who will grandly tell you his (it's mostly men - but lasses are known to do it also) best friends are gay are the most contemptuous bastards one will ever meet. I work on the railways with a couple of Brit./West Indians...and their method is to ignore 'whitey' who will play such games - for if the more normal of their race did have black friends - be they best friends, or mere mates - the last thing they will do is brag about it...not because they would be 'embarrassed' - far from it, but it would immediately make black people rightly suspicious!African Americans, have you ever had the pleasure of having to listen to Caucasians white man's guilt rants?
Ah yes. And I do everything I can to absolve them of the guilt.





This was especially bad after viewing lynching pictures or after African American studies classes and on dates with White men.





I wish there was like a Black pope who could come out and wave a sceptre and say ';Thou hast been forgiven. Fare thee well'; or something.





LOL
well according to your second part of your question its two ladies and one was over 50 what are you trying to say or do stir the **** o sorry us Irish at that popular time in history was in a enough bother with the famine so really not all whites have to be guilty about anything
It doesn't bother me. It only bothers me when white people say ';I have black friends'; to prove that they aren't racist.





A white person who says they don't understand racism is not guilty they just have common sense.
Goes both ways, personally, I don't care.





Blacks, until they get over the slave thing, need to be quantified and its sickening.
I think I know where you're getting at! Or I hate it when I am introduced to a group of white people and they talk about how they love hip-hop or black people! That is so wack!
No i got stuff to do i dont care about racism or racist people there ignorant low lives that need education
No guilt here slick. Just a long term hatred of the government and economic system. Everything else is just games.
whoa, whitney is one angry black girl
i just change the subject
LOL IM WHITE AND I NEVER DO THT **** I TRUELLY DONT LIKE ANYONE!
To be honest, I have yet to really recieve that kind of talk, however, I have gotten the ';I was always taught to see people '; talk and the ';my parents are racists but I'm not'; talk. For example, a white friend of mine, when we were in school was not allowed to have his black friends over b/c his parents believe that races were not supposed to mix(they said there was something in the bible that said this).








There was a situation in a psychology class. A woman and I began a coversation on inter-racial dating. She said she grew up w/ racist parents, but here parents raised her NOT to be that way! Yet, when this womans sister dated interacially the parents disowned her. Talk about ironic.





But what IS annoying is these ppl in here w/ ';I have black friends'; and then they ask something about ';why do blacks play the race card'; ';why do blacks have black pride'; ';why do blacks seperate themselves'; UUUGHHHH I just want to slap those people!

No comments:

Post a Comment